Friday, 17 September 2010

The Week Ahead: 20th - 24th September

Dear all,

After their first full week the year 7 boys are adjusting very nicely to their new school and year 8 are getting used to sharing the Lower School!

The focus of this week has been keeping rooms tidy and there have been enormous improvements in the condition of boys' studies at the end of the day. Next week, the tutors and I will be focusing on their organisation for lessons and prep. I know this is an area lots of boys (not just at Shiplake!) struggle with and any support you can provide at home will be very helpful.

  • Apologies for the confusion over pick ups. I am aware that many of you are unhappy with the current arrangements. If the second drive (nearest Henley) is open then I'm happy for you to use this to collect your sons from the Lower School. If it is not open then can i ask you to continue to use the turning circle at the top of the main drive. Until I hear otherwise this is the correct place for pick up.

Moving the pick up time forwards to 17:45 - 17:50 may help avoid the rush and I suggest you try this next week.

  • The football fixture against the Dolphin School on Tuesday 21st has been cancelled. The Dolphin cannot raise a team to play us and this is very disappointing. We are looking into the arrangement of other fixtures and I'll let you know about these shortly.

  • The Lower School have their house trip to Coral Reef Water park on Friday 24th September. Boys should arrive at the normal time. The trip will return to Shiplake by 4:00. Unfortunately the buses will not be running in the evening and, therefore, all boys will need to be collected.

The boys can come to school in casual clothes and obviously they will need swimming shorts & a towel. Lunch will be provided, however, they may wish to bring a small amount of money for snacks and games (around £5).

Have a great weekend.

Best wishes,

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment