Monday, 6 April 2009

the first post!

Dear Parents and boys,

Here is a copy of my recent email... I hope it reached you all. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions over the next few months!

Numbers have surpassed our early aims and expectations and we now have eighteen on the roll for next year. This is fantastic news as it allows us to go to two sets for all subjects. Maths and English will be set as per ability, but I remain determined to keep all other subjects with mixed ability sets. Such small class sizes will allow our talented staff to differentiate their lessons very effectively and deliver our promise of individual care even more successfully than before, without the potential divisiveness of a top and a bottom group.

These numbers will also allow us to provide a more competitive level of sport. I am meeting with the Director of Sport early next term to finalise our plans, but at this stage I can tell you that we are planning regular football and rowing fixtures against other schools in the Autumn term (including running our own regatta from Shiplake), followed by entering a sevens rugby squad onto the circuit in January. In the summer term there will be fixtures in cricket and possibly tennis should there be the demand.

The next date for your diaries is Thursday 11th June. Jane Jarrett will send you more information in time, but we will host an evening bbq for you and your sons to attend as a final induction. The boys can bring their tennis rackets and trainers and have a run around on the Astroturf courts while we (hopefully) enjoy the sun on the terrace! I look forward to seeing you all then.

Best wishes
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment